Rev. David Kolawole Idowu was born on the 8th September 1954 into the Royal house of Muleruwa .Makun Sagamu Remo Ogun State. He is the first born of Samuel Idowu’s family. His parents were converted from Islam to the Christian faith. His mother gave her life to Christ in March 1983 at the National Headquarters Yaba, while his father gave his life to Christ in February 1995 though his wife. The young David Kolawole Idowu attended Wesley School Oko 2 Sagamu and proceeded for his secondary education at Remo Secondary School Sagamu between 1968 to 1972. His tertiary education was at Ogun State Polytechnic now Moshood Abiola Polytechnic.
Rev David Kolawole Idowu started his working career with Nigeria Bag Manufacturing Plc (BAGCO), a subsidiary of Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc. between July1973 and December 1991 and rose to the position of Assistant Accountant.before leaving. It is to his credit along with some brothers they established Baggo Fellowship which still today is still waxing strong. David Kolawole Idowu also worked briefly with AGIP NIGERIA PLC in 1992 before fully leaving for a full time ministry in the Church SPIRITUAL LIFE Rev. David Kolawole Idowu gave his life to Jesus Christ at the age of 20 precisely on 28th December 1974 at Sagamu through his secondary School classmate, Rev. Johnson Noiki the Zonal Superintendent of Satellite Town in Festac District. . He attended LIFE Theological Seminary at Ikorodu where he bagged both Diploma in Theology and Bachelor in Theology in the year 1993 and 1995 respectively.
He served the Foursquare Gospel Church in various capacities, such as:
- Sunday School Teacher at National Headquarters Church Yaba from 1976 in the Children Department and Membership Class in the Adult class.
- Member of the National Youth Ministry in charge of Cadet, youth, Challengers, Defenders, and Conquerors Campings between 1976 to 1981 when the High Crusader group was called out of the Youth ministry.
- Vacation Bible School Director in 1979
- Interpreter for Yaba church and the Movement from 1980 to 2001.
- Youth President between 1988 and 1989 - Council member, church Secretary, church Treasurer between 1989 and 1993
- First full time Church Administrator and church Accountant 1992 to 1993
- Assisting Minister and Personal Assistant to Rev. Dr. Bisi Orebayo the Senior Pastor of National Headquarters Yaba from 1993 to 1996
- National Prayer Coordinator from 1984 to 1999.
- Pioneering member of the Adigbe church and Alamala church of the Foursquare Gospel Church Abeokuta District; Epe Foursquare Gospel church under National Headquarters Church Yaba, and Calabar and Oyo Foursquare Gospel churches under the National Movement in the '80s.
- Pastorate pioneering member of Foursquare Gospel Church
- Pioneering Senior Pastor, Foursquare Gospel Church Tejuosho from April 7th 1996 to July 1st 2012.
- Foursquare Apapa Road Zonal Treasurer from 2002-2011
- He was the Shomolu District Treasurer from 2010-2011 He voluntarily retired from Foursquare Gospel Church in Nigeria putting in 20 years of meritorious services to His Master. He is indeed a man of a Great God.
He is presently the founding Pastor of Repairer of the Breach Ministry a growing church at GINTI AFTER ELEPE, around IJEDE in IKORODU area of Lagos State.
Also he is an Executive Director of DIVINE HERITAGE CHILDREN CENTRE ( An Orphanage Home) at Block 11, Plot 1 Noble Professionals Estate GINTI IKORODU.
Rev. Idowu is happily married to Rev. Mrs. Ebun Idowu and the marriage is blessed with lovely Children, Itunu and Dotun.
Milestone Achievements of Rev. & MRev. Mrs. David Kolawole Idowu as Senior Pastors
At the inaugural service of Foursquare Gospel Church Tejuosho, Sanctuary of His Divine Presence, the prophesy of the new Church came expressly that the new baby is to spread abroad through prosperity, Zechariah 1:17. This therefore become the golden principle of the Church.
The Church was established on the Resurrection day on 7th April in 1996 on a rented apartment of two floors at No. 17,Oyabiyi Street off Ojuelegba road, Yaba, and was chartered on Sunday 8, April 2001.
- At age 4 in October 2000, Tejuosho adopted Ilagbo Church, a riverine area of Ibeju Lekki local govt area employing Pastor Wole Akingbehin of blessed memory.
- At age 7 in August 2003 she had a daughter church, Akerele Foursquare Gospel church.
- At age 9 in. March 2005 pioneered a children church in Area C command of Police Force Surulere.
- At 13 Tejuosho Church acquired her permanent site at 17/19 Jacob Street Tejuosho Yaba in January 2009. The first service was held on 29th March, 2009 with the celebration and dedication of the first baby.
Many pastors within and outside the country, reverends, elders, deacons, deaconesses, teachers that are grounded and established in the word have been produced under the ministry of these beloved servants of God.